Finance Coalitions Associate
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
The Finance Coalitions Associate assists the Director of Coalition Fundraising and the individual Coalition Finance Directors in overseeing the major donor fundraising efforts for numerous coalitions, which include major fundraising markets across the country. Coalitions include but are not limited to the AAPI Leadership Council, Black Leadership Council, Labor, Latino Leadership Council, LGBTQ+ Leadership Council, and the Women’s Leadership Forum. The Finance Coalitions Associate works closely with the Finance Coalition Directors to create and implement a coalition-specific finance plan and support the execution of principle and surrogate travel and fundraising events. The Finance Coalitions Associate is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with the top donors in multiple coalitions.
The applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have political campaign experience.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Assist in executing events with principals and surrogates within specific coalitions.
- Provide support for the execution of travel in the coalition including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos.
- Assist Coalition Finance Directors in maintaining donor relationships.
- Perform research to identify prospective new major donors and raisers and work to re-engage lapsed donors.
- Create and manage a tracking system for all donors.
- Create and manage a finance email program to keep major donors informed and engaged.
- Providing support to Coalition Finance Directors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
What we will look for (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Management experience desired but not required.
- Possess strong communication skills across multiple platforms.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Google Suite and NGP.
- Political campaign experience and event planning experience is strongly preferred.
- Some travel required.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Some political campaign experience.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
Salary: The starting salary for the Finance Coalitions Associate position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for overtime wages.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.