AAPI Finance Director
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
The AAPI Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing an AAPI community-centered finance plan and leads the execution of principal and surrogate involvement and fundraising for the AAPI community. The AAPI Finance Director is also responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with top donors as well as planning and executing fundraising events.
In recognition of the support, dedication, and generous contributions of the AAPI community to the Democratic Party, the AAPI Finance Director will work closely with the DNC National Finance Committee’s AAPI Leadership Council to grow its collective voice and ensure that the AAPI community is represented at the DNC.
The applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have political campaign experience.
- Work with DNC Leadership to set monthly and yearly finance and engagement goals;
- Write and manage comprehensive cycle finance plan that aims to exceed goals;
- Regularly performs research to identify and cultivate new members;
- Provide stewardship to existing major donor portfolio;
- Plan, schedule, and execute a calendar of regular programming, including calls, finance events, donor meetings, and political activities;
- Manage relationships with AAPI Leadership Council;
- Engage with the political department on AAPI engagement and organizing activities and recruit AAPI membership to join in that work;
- Liaise with partner organizations;
- Write and disseminate regular communications to the group.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- 3-4 years of related work experience;
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
- Proven track record soliciting contributions at the major donor level;
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills;
- Management experience desired but not required;
- Possess strong communication skills across multiple platforms;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient in Google Suite and NGP;
- Political campaign experience and event planning experience is strongly preferred.
Salary: The starting salary for the AAPI Finance Director position is $75,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages.
Travel: The AAPI Finance Director position will require travel up to 15% of the time.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.