Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
The Senior Spokesperson works closely with the Communications Director to craft and execute a strategy for amplifying the DNC, as well as the president’s agenda and holding 2024 Republican presidential hopefuls accountable.
- Work in coordination with the Communications Director to craft and execute the DNC's communications strategy.
- Work directly with media to pitch and shape coverage.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson for a variety of issues.
- Oversee the distribution and quality of written materials such as press releases and statements.
- Monitor breaking news and identify opportunities to amplify the DNC communication team’s objectives.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- 5-7 years of experience in political communications, including multiple years of on the record experience in high-pressure environments.
- An ability and desire to keep up with the news cycle.
- Previous on the record experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills across multiple media.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The Senior Spokesperson will require travel, which could be up to 20% of the time.
Salary: The starting salary for the Senior Spokesperson position is $85,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.