Youth Coalition Manager
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
The Youth Manager will work closely with the Director of Coalitions & Community Engagement to develop and implement a comprehensive outreach and engagement strategy to reach, engage, and mobilize key stakeholders, communities, and coalitions in support of the DNC’s mission to win elections and build Democratic power.
The Youth Manager will work closely with the Coalitions & Community Engagement team, state parties, DNC leadership, and membership, as well as the caucuses and councils to ensure the integration of these efforts. As needed, the Youth Manager will assist in the administrative support of additional caucasus and councils. Externally, the Coalitions Manager will work with partners and allies, campaigns, elected officials, key stakeholders, and membership organizations.
- Manages the Youth Council portfolio;
- Prepare background or marketing materials and other collaterals as necessary;
- Work with campaigns to craft, insert, and prioritize targeted engagement efforts;
- Work with the council to devise an electoral program, and measure success;
- Innovate, pilot, and test programs, tools, and strategies to advance the party’s outreach and mobilization efforts with this constituency;
- Organize coalition meetings, conference calls, and trainings that advance program goals;
- Convene and organize working groups of practitioners to map out, strategize, and successfully create new opportunities for building political power;
- Create actionable strategies to diversify pipeline and leadership pool across the state; and
- Work to increase the effectiveness and visibility of Youth constituency engagement strategies and programs.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 2-4 years of political experience, preferably in issue advocacy, organizing, and/or campaigns on the national or state level;
- Demonstrated experience in leadership development, electoral campaign management, staff management, racial justice and/or social equity work;
- Ability to represent the DNC with maturity and judgment;
- Proven track record building and managing coalitions among diverse stakeholders, reaching consensus and action;
- Proven ability to write for multiple audiences and translate complex information clearly;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly; and,
- Fearlessness in building relationships and unconventional alliances.
Travel: The Youth Manager Coalition position will require travel, which could be up to 30% of the time.
Salary: The starting salary for the Youth Manager Coalition position is $65,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.