Direct Marketing Assistant
Democratic National Committee
Marketing & Communications
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
The mission of the Mobilization department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact down-ballot races and fight for the Biden-Harris agenda every step of the way.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting people more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
- The Democratic National Committee’s Direct Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing team to help oversee the production of printed marketing and fundraising materials for the DNC as well as receive and reply to messages received from Party supporters across platforms. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful and thorough communicator with strong attention to detail.
- Oversee mail and phone script copy and artwork through their production process from internal staff vet to proof approval.
- Plan and maintain schedules for the Marketing team.
- Complete invoices for billing and maintain expense records for all marketing and production projects.
- Assist with managing State Party Victory Fund PO Boxes and incoming mail.
- Talk with supporters through peer-to-peer texting.
- Talk with supporters through the phone, mail, email, and text message to ensure their inquiries are answered and any membership or donation questions are addressed.
- Write scripts, templates, and other engagement-related protocols for donor outreach across channels.
- Assist in cultivation of grassroots donors, including monthly sustainers and mid-level donors.
- Refund contributions when requested and follow up with donors.
- Assist the DNC in maintaining strong donor database hygiene.
- Assist with in-person mail sorting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Ideal candidate will be a team player, fast learner, and self-starter; you are willing to work hard to get the job done.
- You should be incredibly organized; able to prioritize multiple projects moving at different speeds in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) databases is a plus.
- You should be willing and able to relocate to the DC area.
The starting salary for the Direct Marketing Assistant position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of no later than November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.