Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The Press Assistant is a vital part of the DNC Communications team and executes some of the most important functions of the department, in particular ensuring coordination across the entire team. They will also work closely across departments and with the Communications Director, Deputy Directors, and fellow members of the team to complete administrative responsibilities. Applicants should have an exceptional eye for detail, a solid command of writing, an understanding of AP style, a strong ability to multitask, and be ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in coordination with the communications team;
- Support the execution of projects within and across departments;
- Help manage the distribution and quality of written materials every day, from drafting to delivery;
- Staff DNC events as needed;
- Maintain the DNC’s press lists;
- Supervise the department’s intern(s), from hiring to day-to-day supervision;
- Monitor news events throughout the day, and compile and produce morning press clips;
- Assist with administrative responsibilities; and
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Dedication to core Democratic values;
- An ability and desire to keep up with the news cycle;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills across multiple media; and,
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The starting salary for the Press Assistant position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500. This position has an end date of November 15th, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.