Rapid Response Director
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The Rapid Response Director leads the department’s effort to hold the Republican Party, and 2024 candidates accountable for their records and contrast their positions with the Biden-Harris agenda through a variety of tactics including press blasts, statements, press calls, video, digital products and more, at the direction of the Communications Director.
- Work in coordination with the Communications Director to craft and execute the DNC’s rapid response strategy;
- Carry out special projects and message events;
- Help manage the distribution and quality of written materials every day, from drafting to delivery;
- Monitor breaking news and identify opportunities to accomplish the DNC’s message goals;
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Candidates should have a sharp eye for message, enjoy following all the twists and turns of a 24/7 news cycle, and have the ability to turn around high-quality products quickly.
- Candidates should have 6-8 years of experience, including multiple years on the record in high-pressure environments.
The Rapid Response Director position will require travel, which could be up to 10% of the time.
The starting salary for the Rapid Response Director position is $100,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends. This position has an end date of November 15th, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.