Staff Attorney (Biden Victory Fund)
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
The DNC is seeking a Staff Attorney to provide key support to the DNC and Biden Victory Fund, the joint fundraising committee of the Biden campaign, DNC, and the Democratic parties of the 50 states and D.C. Reporting to the DNC’s Legal Counsel, the Staff Attorney will provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice on a variety of legal topics relevant to a national party committee and a joint fundraising committee authorized by a presidential candidate.
- Advise DNC and Biden campaign personnel on campaign finance matters related to the operation of a joint fundraising committee;
- Review joint fundraising solicitations, including digital ads, direct mail, and emails;
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the Biden Victory Fund and the DNC;
- Draft thoughtful, organized, and clear documents, including but not limited to legal memoranda, training materials, and presentations; and
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to negotiate effectively, firmly conveying the client’s position, find suitable solutions/compromises, and evaluate relevant legal and political risks;
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong interest in and knowledge of Democratic politics and principles.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school;
- At least 3 years of experience in legal practice in government, a nonprofit, a law firm, or an in-house legal department;
- Experience advising on compliance with federal campaign finance rules; and
- Admitted to practice and in good standing in at least one U.S. state bar.
The salary for Staff Attorney is $115,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position with an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.