Director of Operations, Mobilization
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
The mobilization team at the Democratic National Committee is a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts who are committed to inspiring grassroots supporters to engage with the Democratic Party through creative, optimized experiences — both online and offline.
The Director of Operations, Mobilization, will work closely with the DNC’s Chief Mobilization Officer to lead the DNC’s mobilization team, ensuring the optimal day-to-day functioning of the mobilization department, facilitating coordination and communication with other departments in the organization, and with key external partners.
Ideal candidates for this position should be detail-oriented; comfortable leading large projects from conception to completion; dedicated to fostering a fun, collaborative work environment; and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Assist with management of department-wide short- and long-term goal setting and execution
- Manage high-level inter- and intra-departmental projects—including acting as a senior point of contact for the mobilization team to external departments as needed—helping ensure the mobilization department delivers creative and timely products in line with organizational objectives
- Establish highly functional and efficient operational processes for department, including by identifying ways subteams on the Mobilization team can run more efficiently and help implement necessary changes
- Manage reporting processes out on short- and long-term projects to organizational leadership and key external stakeholders
- Assist with hiring, onboarding, and personnel management of department
- Oversee administrative tasks for the department, including tracking expenses, invoices and budgets
- Organize, optimize, and facilitate team meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Superb organizational skills and ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects at once in high-pressure environments
- Strong communication skills, particularly in communicating with organizational leadership and key stakeholders -- your peers describe you as “good at managing up.”
- Keen sense of political judgment, especially when it comes to dealing with outside partners and surrogates
- Experience with project management platforms like Monday/Basecamp/Asana or similar.
Nice-to-Haves / Bonus Points for Any Combination of These:
- Experience in political, agency, non-profit, or progressive organizations
- Experience working directly with staffing elected officials or principals is a plus
- A keen interest in politics
The starting salary for the Director of Operations, Mobilization position is $80,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of Novemeber 15th, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.