Democratic National Committee
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
We are a team of campaign professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds who have worked on local, state, federal, issue, and national campaigns. We value diversity in perspective and lived experience. We believe in building a culture of collaboration, open communication, and trust. We hold ourselves accountable to excellent work product and keep a clear focus on winning up and down the ballot.
- Develop and manage DNC political relationships and advise on electoral strategy and resource allocation in your states;
- Build close working relationships with national and state partners, allies, campaigns, committees, elected officials, key stakeholders and membership organizations to support state and national priorities;
- Facilitate cross-functional coordination and partnership between state teams and DNC departments, including communications, organizing, analytics, voter protection, training, operations, legal, and budget, to tailor resources and programs with each states’ unique needs; and
- Support principal travel and prepare briefings for DNC leadership, as well as candidates, elected officials, stakeholders, and other allies.
- Other duties as needed to support the Democratic Presidential election cycle.
What we will look for…(Qualifications)
- 7+ years of political experience, including roles leading staff management and program planning and development (recent leadership experience on a statewide campaign strongly preferred);
- Positive attitude, open communication skills, and dedication to put the team before self;
- Proven ability to write for multiple audiences and translate complex information clearly through written and verbal communication; Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to represent the DNC with maturity and judgment, be a thought leader, and interact with high-level political, nonprofit, and philanthropic leaders;
- Proven track-record building and managing coalitions among diverse stakeholders, reaching consensus and action; and
- Familiarity with the current political landscape in a region, including personalities, parties, and processes.
- Flexibility to respond to the changing nature of the political landscape
The Regional Director position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time. The starting salary for the Regional Director position is $110,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15th, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.