Mobilization Team Assistant
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
The mobilization team at the Democratic National Committee is a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts who are committed to inspiring grassroots supporters to engage with the Democratic Party through creative, optimized experiences — both online and offline. The Mobilization Team Assistant will work closely with the CMO and the leadership of the DNC’s Mobilization team to manage the CMO’s daily calendar and other correspondence as needed to ensure that the CMO is focused on tasks that service key operational priorities for the organization. The person in this role will also serve a key role in facilitating cross-team priorities, ensuring all the trains are moving on time. This position will act as the Mobilization team’s administrator – which includes scheduling team meetings, bookkeeping, and acting as a liaison to other departments.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between the Mobilization team and other departments by setting up cross-departmental meetings and ensuring that information reaches the right people.
- Manage the daily calendar of the CMO, keeping appointments and meetings on time and changing schedules when necessary.
- Ensure that the CMO is provided with briefing materials for meetings by coordinating with meeting participants.
- Help with fulfillment of Mobilization team fundraising logistics and promotions, including grassroots contest and merchandise. This includes liaising with different sub-teams within Mobilization, other teams within the DNC, and contest winners, and managing all timing, vetting, and travel logistics.
- Manage cross-team communication, including leading and assembling cross-team projects and presentations.
- Coordinate biweekly Mobilization Team staff meetings and other planning meetings.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’re a self-starter who is eager to contribute and learn: Previous political or assistant experience is not required.
- You’re interested in learning about digital work in the political space and how a top-tier digital team runs.
- You should be incredibly organized; able to prioritize multiple projects moving at different speeds in a deadline-driven environment. You have a keen sense of what preparations might be required for any situation and are proactive about making them happen.
- You’re a team player: you’re committed to helping the Mobilization team accomplish its goals.
- You’re savvy -- many of the situations you’ll be dealing with require discretion, judgment, and keeping a level head. You’ll need to be able to determine what’s mission-critical and what can wait, and you’ll always need to be focused on solving problems in the most efficient possible manner.
- You should be willing and able to relocate to the DC area.
The starting salary for the Mobilization Team Assistant position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15th, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.