Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is looking for a talented creative to join its video team, with a focus on producing and editing high-performing videos for social platforms. The ideal candidate for this role has experience filming and editing video, a passion for politics, and an understanding of what resonates with viewers on various social platforms. Candidates should be comfortable working independently in an ever-changing environment.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents.
- Work under tight deadlines to create original, shareable videos for social platforms
- Shoot footage, including traveling to film at events
- Edit videos using existing footage
- Come up with high-potential concepts for new videos
- Assist with managing shoots in the DNC’s studio
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere
- Experience editing videos for social platforms
- Experience filming at events and on location
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of what works on social platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok
- Experience working with and filming principals is a bonus
The Video Producer position will not require travel.
The starting salary for the Video Producer position is $60,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.