Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is looking for a talented, detail-oriented video production expert to join its digital team. The Studio Director will oversee the technical and logistical elements of video production at the DNC studios in Washington, D.C. and Wilmington, Delaware, with a special focus on managing these studio spaces. The individual in this role will ensure that all video shoots the DNC hosts and produces operate efficiently and generate high-quality content.
- Manage the DNC studio space, including coordinating shoots with principals.
- Ensure that all video equipment is up to technical standards, used appropriately, and stored safely.
- Produce video shoots in the DNC studio space, using studio equipment.
- Edit, organize, and archive footage, making it easily available to those who need it.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to the studio space, video equipment, and cloud storage.
- Effectively collaborate with multiple teams to coordinate shoots.
- Help manage relationships with vendors and oversee any work they do in the studio.
- Coordinate remote shoots and livestreams.
- Ensure that the DNC, as well as the DSCC and the DCCC, are getting the most out of the studio space.
- Foster cross-team communication and collaboration related to production and tech.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Significant experience in video production.
- Deep knowledge of video equipment, including cameras, lenses, lights, microphones, monitors, converters, and teleprompters.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience coordinating, managing, or producing studio shoots.
- Experience filming with principals.
- Experience organizing and managing media assets.
- Knowledge of livestream production.
- Ability to collaborate respectfully and effectively with others.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
The starting salary for the Studio Director position is $92,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Studio Director position will require travel, which could be up to 30% of the time. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.