Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is hiring a Merchandise Assistant to manage the Biden Victory Fund online store, the DNC’s online store, and general merch operations. You will be responsible for assisting with project managing the full life cycle of merchandise, from initial idea to creation and promotion, working closely with the direct marketing, email, design, partnerships, and content teams at the DNC and Biden campaign. The Merchandise Assistant will report to the Director of Merchandise within the DNC’s Mobilization team.
What You'll Do (Responsibilities):
- Work with the Merchandise Director, the design team, and external vendors to create Biden-Harris and DNC merchandise;
- Track expenses, invoices, and inventories related to online stores and merchandise;
- Assist in managing the vetting of merchandise materials for the online stores;
- Support the promotion of merchandise across channels and teams such as email, ads, organizing, coalitions, and social;
- Manage the scheduling of the Merch team and cross-team communication;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in ordering merchandise as needed; and,
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About You (Qualifications):
- Ideal candidate will be a team player, faster learner, and self-starter; you are willing to work hard to get the job done;
- You have the ability to work independently and on a team; the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions, and you care more about getting the work done than you do about who gets the credit;
- You possess a creative eye and a strong attention to detail;
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
The starting salary for the Merchandise Assistant position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15th, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.