Analytics Engineer II
Democratic National Committee
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is seeking an Analytics Engineer II, based in Wilmington, DE, to support the Biden Campaign and Democrats up and down the ballot by creating and maintaining reliable infrastructure. We are looking for individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experience, and are dedicated to building a team that looks like America.
- Actively develop and maintain core data pipelines, syncs, and workflows that support other Analytics verticals.
- Design, build, and maintain core data assets that provide clean, transformed data for analysis.
- Create tools to allow Analytics staff to better manage ETL/data cleaning, data movement, and data infrastructure for the 2024 Coordinated campaign.
- Develop and enforce team-wide engineering best practices in dbt and develop automated tests and toolsets to allow the entire Analytics team to write consistent, bug-free code.
- Other engineering tasks in support of the analytics team.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a data engineer, engineering-focused analyst, database administrator, software engineer, or similar.
- 2+ years using SQL, Python, and other scripting languages professionally.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems.
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience using dbt
- GCP experience (in particular, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience using pipeline orchestration tools, such as Airflow
- Experience volunteering or working on a political campaign data team or with the voter file
The Analytics Engineer II position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Analytics Engineer II position is $90,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500. This a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.