Democratic National Committee
Software Engineering, Data Science
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is seeking a Data Engineer, based in Wilmington, DE, to support the Biden Campaign and Democrats up and down the ballot by creating and maintaining reliable infrastructure. We are looking for individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experience, and are dedicated to building a team that looks like America.
- Actively develop and maintain core data pipelines, syncs, and workflows that support other Analytics verticals.
- Administer Analytics tools and infrastructure, including Astro and BigQuery.
- Maintain permissioning workflows and automated onboarding processes for the Analytics team.
- Help ensure data platform reliability, security, and performance, through projects that add monitoring and helping analysts and other users optimize code.
- Develop syncs between analytics infrastructure and new tools as needed.
- Other engineering tasks in support of the analytics team.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2+ years of experience as a data engineer, database administrator, software engineer, or similar.
- 1-2+ years using SQL, Python, and other scripting languages professionally.
- Experience deploying data pipelines and/or managing core infrastructure for a technical team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems.
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications:
- GCP experience (in particular, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience using pipeline orchestration tools, such as Airflow
- Experience with commonly-used tools in Democratic politics, including NGPVAN, ActionNetwork, Mobilize
- Experience using dbt
- Experience volunteering or working on a political campaign data team or with the voter file
The Data Engineer position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Data Engineer position is $95,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500. This a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.