Political & Coalitions Associate
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
The Political & Coalitions Associate will work closely with the Political Director and Coalitions Operations Director in order to provide administrative support to the DNC Political Team.
The Political & Coalitions Associate will be a highly professional individual who has superior administrative and organizational skills, demonstrates an ability to manage multiple priorities, and has a strong attention to detail. Responsibilities include scheduling, travel coordination, and tracking expenses. Additional responsibilities may include programmatic support for the Political department, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
The Political & Coalitions Associate must have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team, and have a personal commitment to the DNC mission to win elections and build Democratic power. They must contribute to an atmosphere and organizational initiative in which diversity in all its dimensions is valued and supported. A collegial style, positive up-beat attitude, innovative approach, and strong work ethic are key. This is an entry-level position that requires flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task.
- Manage the schedule for internal and external meetings for the the Political Director
- Administrative assistance to support the Political Department constituency directors
- Programmatic support, including drafting newsletters, research, compiling stakeholder lists, handling meeting and video call logistics
- Assist the Coalitions Operations Director in processing the Political budget allocations including invoice processing, credit card reconciliation, and expense reimbursement
- Attend internal and external meetings as assigned, take notes and track action items
- Manage travel for the Politica Director, as well as external stakeholders as assigned, including booking hotels and transportation
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Previous experience working in politics (volunteering, internships, and extracurricular activities all apply)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to represent the DNC with maturity and judgment;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly; and,
- Fearlessness in building relationships and unconventional alliances.
The Political and Coalitions Associate position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Political and Coalitions Associate position is $55,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15th, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.