ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Democratic National Committee
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The Associate Director of Operations works in tandem with the Senior Director of People & Operations to oversee logistical operations of HQ, satellite office and staff and consultant travel.
- From August 19-22, 2024, Democrats from all over the country will gather together in the City of Chicago to participate in the Democratic National Convention, where we will nominate President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for re-election. The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) is assembling a diverse team with skills in community engagement, event logistics, finance, operations, IT, and more. The DNCC team will oversee and deliver on all aspects of the planning and execution of this Convention, from housing the delegates to convening Platform Committee meetings to producing the Convention’s live programming, which will be seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
- The Associate Director of Operations reports to the Senior Director of People & Operations.
- Direct the activities related to daily operations of HQ and satellite offices, ensuring the build and space allocation process addresses the needs of staff and guests with accessibility requirements.
- Identify and recommend locations for all external office locations.
- Recommend office design and layout based upon the space and staff allocation requirements.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecom, internet and furniture, fixtures, and equipment) and build outs.
- Work with the Senior Director of People & Operations, Senior Director of Budget & Finance and the Host Committee to review, negotiate, and ensure all leases meet the legal requirements of both organizations.
- Work closely with the Host Committee Operations team with focus on developing a plan for all furniture, fixtures, or other equipment for HQ and Satellite offices.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficiency of all office spaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in project management or office space development or buildout.
- Strong attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
- Exemplary problem-solving, interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a strong sense of teamwork to foster team building and provide excellent customer service to other DNCC teams.
- Previous experience with large scale events is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to be a proactive team member to help accomplish the goals of the Convention.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The DNCC will mainly operate out of the Headquarters Office, but will also maintain a number of satellite offices and additional venues. These spaces range from professional office environments to construction sites, and will require the operation of office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. This position requires the ability to frequently stand and/or walk for both short and long periods of time. Employees may be asked to do tasks requiring dexterity or lifting items weighing up to 10 pounds. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Travel: This job will require occasional travel, less than 10%.
FLSA Eligibility: This is an exempt position under the FLSA.
Benefits: The DNCC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and disability and life insurance.