Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
The staff accountant reports to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of revenue accounts. Other responsibilities within the accounting department will be assigned on an as needed basis.
- Download daily credit card and bank transactions and summarizes them
- Download monthly bank statements and prepares cash reconciliation templates
- Reconciles each deposit into a cash account against transaction reports, and works with external vendors to resolve discrepancies
- Monitors the accounting department inbox and responds to questions from vendors and staff
- Verifies vendor banking information, and creates vendor profiles
- Sets up outgoing bank transfers, and creates ACH or wire templates as needed
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Assist in interim and annual audits with external auditors
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to work cohesively with other staff members;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to communicate concisely across multiple media
- Strong experience with spreadsheet software
- Experience with Sage Intacct and automated accounts payable software preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500. The starting salary for the Staff Accountant position is $70,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 5% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.