Senior Research Manager for Media Monitoring
Democratic National Committee
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA · Washington, DC, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
The Democratic National Committee seeks to hire a Senior Research Manager for Media Monitoring to join our dynamic Rapid Response and Media Monitoring Cohort. This position will guide/oversee our team as we prepare for the upcoming election and will closely collaborate with several departments throughout the DNC as well as presidential campaign staff.
As a member of this cohort, you will be guided through our rigorous training and onboarding process, which will prepare you with the skills to stay up-to-date with the latest news on MAGA Republicans and effectively share vital information and insights to those in our campaign world.
The work our Rapid Response and Media Monitoring Cohort will do this election cycle is intense. But it is directly connected to the outcome of the 2024 elections, and because of that, we know the work is rewarding. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are passionate about electing Democrats and ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We act on our belief that the movement to ensure representation of Democrats up and down the ballot will succeed if it is diverse, inclusive, and equitable in every respect. In particular, we value the credibility and perspectives of identities that have been historically and systemically marginalized and what they bring to the DNC and to our country. We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds and especially encourage those who identify with historically underrepresented groups to apply.
- Hire and train Media Monitoring Associates on tools, workflows and project assignments
- Oversee the scheduling of shifts and coverage for after-hours work
- Share guidance with the team about the DNC’s messaging priorities, helping them to identify content that holds Republicans accountable and uplifts the accomplishments of Democrats and the Biden-Harris administration
- Coordinate with members of other departments to ensure that the media monitoring team’s priorities and projects remain in alignment with the DNC’s goals
- Other duties as assigned to support the Research department’s mission
- At least three cycles of experience, preferably on a campaign or at a politically oriented organization
- Ability to build and guide a team, with prior management experience strongly preferred
- A deep interest in and understanding of the Democratic Party’s core values and messaging, as well as of major players in the conservative media landscape
- Ability to learn new media monitoring services and tools and train employees on those systems
- Ability to focus on solving problems in the most efficient possible manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
Bonus Points for Any Combination of These
- Experience with Snapstream, TV Eyes, IQMedia, and Snagit
- Exposure to the content creation process for campaigns and political organizations
- The Rapid Response and Media Monitoring Cohort thrives on keeping up with the news cycle 24/7. When we say 24/7, we mean it. Given the necessity to monitor the news cycle 24/7, your hourly schedule and/or shifts may fall out of the traditional 9:00 - 6:00 pm time frame. Additionally, weekend hours may be required. If this fast-paced challenge sounds like something you’re interested in, apply and join like-minded folks dedicated to ensuring we win the upcoming election.
The starting salary for the Senior Research Manager for Media Monitoring position is $85,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends. This position is based in Washington, DC or Wilmington, DE and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 5% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.