Southern California Deputy Finance Director
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
The Deputy Southern California Finance Director reports to the Southern California Finance Director and assists with the planning and execution of a fundraising plan for major donors in the Southern California Region of the United States.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA. The Deputy Southern California Finance Director works closely with the Southern California Finance Director in creating and implementing a region-specific finance plan and supporting the execution of principal and surrogate travel and fundraising events in Southern California. The Deputy Southern California Finance Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with the top donors in the Southern California region.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organization skills and have previous political campaign experience. Experience in the Southern California region is strongly preferred.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Provide support for the execution of principal and surrogate travel in the Southern California region including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos.
- Develop event inventory across Southern California.
- Assist in the execution of fundraising events in the Southern California region.
- Assist the Southern California Finance Director in maintaining Southern California donor relationships.
- Assist with the management of the Southern California Finance Committee cultivation and programming.
- Perform research to identify prospective major donors and raisers, and work to re-engage lapsed donors.
- Create and manage a tracking system for all Southern California donors.
- Travel and staff surrogates at DNC meetings and events as needed.
- Provide support to the Southern California Finance Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC’s mission.
- Travel required.
What we will look for (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 3-4 years of related work experience.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and proficient in Google Suite.
- Experience staffing events with high level surrogates and attendees.
- Working knowledge of NGP database.
- Experience working on campaign or political committee fundraising teams for 2 cycles preferred.
- Strong communication skills and previous experience making hard fundraising pitches to donors.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- In-depth knowledge of Southern California major donors.
- Experience working in Southern California preferred.
- A proactive attitude and ability to plan ahead.
The Southern California Deputy Finance Director position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Southern California Deputy Finance Director position is $70,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.