West Deputy Finance Director
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
The West Deputy Finance Director assists the West Finance Director in overseeing the major donor fundraising efforts for a major region of the United States including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA. The West Deputy Finance Director works closely with the West Finance Director in creating and implementing a region-specific finance plan and supporting the execution of principle and surrogate travel, and fundraising events in the West. The West Deputy Finance Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with the top donors in the West region.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have some political campaign experience. Experience in the West is strongly preferred.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Provide support for the execution of principal and surrogate travel in the Southern region including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos.
- Develop event inventory across the Southern region.
- Assist in the execution of fundraising events in the Southern region.
- Assist the South Finance Director in maintaining Southern donor relationships.
- Assist with the management of the South Finance Committee cultivation and programming.
- Perform research to identify prospective new major donors and raisers and work to re-engage lapsed donors.
- Creating and managing a tracking system for all donors.
- Creating and managing a finance email program to keep major donors informed and engaged.
- Travel and staff surrogates at DNC meetings and events as needed.
- Provide support to the South Finance Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Travel required.
What we will look for (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 3-4 years of related work experience.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of NGP database.
- Experience working on campaign or political committee fundraising teams for 2 cycles preferred.
- Experience managing events and staffing principals.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Some political campaign experience
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Experience working in the Western region is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with teams.
- A proactive attitude and ability to plan ahead.
The West Deputy Finance Director position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the West Deputy Finance Director position is $70,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.