Rapid Response Senior Video Editor
Democratic National Committee
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
The Democratic National Committee is seeking a talented and creative Rapid Response Senior Video Editor to join our growing digital rapid response team in Wilmington, Delaware.
The Senior Rapid Response Video Editor will manage a team of video editors to create rapid response videos for various social media platforms for Biden-Harris campaign pages (like @BidenHQ). You’re a good fit for this role if you’re politically savvy, a fast video editor, experienced at delegating projects, and have a strong understanding of what performs well on each social media platform.
You should be prepared to closely track the news every day, including helping to clip from cable television and speeches by political candidates.
The person we’re looking for is also deeply familiar with different social video formats, trends related to the emergence of vertical video, and has a strong desire to help deliver the Biden-Harris campaign’s message to as many voters online in as many ways as is effective.
The role is based in Wilmington, Delaware at the Biden campaign headquarters. This location is non-negotiable.
- Manage a team of rapid response video editors to edit and produce original videos for digital platforms and various audiences
- From concept to final export, create videos that hold Trump and Republicans accountable and uplift the accomplishments of the Biden-Harris administration and Democrats
- Follow the news and be able to identify good clips and content opportunities and execute on them
- Write scripts, review transcripts, and incorporate raw materials including news clips, still images, text, and more to create original video projects
- Ensure that our video products are always on message and branded appropriately
- Have an eye for vertical video and video formats that work well on social media platforms.
- Have impeccable editing skills
- Other duties as assigned to support Team Biden-Harris’ mission
- At least 2 years managing editors or other employees
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Incredibly organized; able to prioritize multiple projects moving at different speeds in a deadline-driven environment. You have a keen sense of what preparations might be required for any situation and are proactive about making them happen.
- Willing and able to relocate to Wilmington, Delaware.
The starting salary for the Rapid Response Senior Video Editor position is $75,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.