Deputy Finance Director - National Finance Committee & Lay Leadership
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
The Deputy Finance Director for National Finance Committee & Lay Leadership will lead the DNC and Biden Campaign’s major donor engagement efforts. This will involve spearheading all programming for the National Finance Committee as well as regional and coalition finance committees. This person will also be the main point of contact for lay finance leadership on the campaign. In this position, the Deputy will be responsible for scheduling and executing in-person and virtual meetings for finance committee members. The Deputy will also be responsible for executing retreats for members throughout the year. Additionally, the Deputy will be responsible for creating and maintaining a regular communication plan with members to keep them informed on campaign developments and engagement opportunities. This includes creating and providing written materials to support their solicitation efforts. This person will also be responsible for managing two Washington, DC-based members of the finance team dedicated to NFC fundraising efforts.
This position is based in Washington, DC. The Deputy Finance Director for National Finance Committee & Lay Leadership will report to the Co-Finance Directors.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Work closely with Co-Finance Directors on NFC fundraising plan.
- Create and maintain a system to track NFC’s members progress to their fundraising goal.
- Create and maintain a robust communication plan that will be shared regularly with NFC members.
- Provide NFC members with written materials to support their fundraising efforts on behalf of the campaign.
- Execute regular in-person and virtual NFC, regional NFC, and Coalition NFC meetings.
- Execute regular donor retreats throughout the year.
- Work with the major donor events team to ensure event logistics run smoothly and events remain within budget.
- Staffing NFC events.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
What we will look for (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in fundraising or a related field, with a proven track record of achieving successful results.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience in managing a team and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, techniques, and best practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing events, including budgeting and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data and metrics for informed decision-making.
- Ability to and interest in learning new fundraising softwares, donor databases, and online fundraising platforms and utilizing these to reach goals.
- Passion for the mission and goals of the coalitions and a strong commitment to social impact.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Fundraising experience within political campaigns, nonprofits, or coalition-based organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships with donors, sponsors, and funding agencies.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Experience using the NGP VAN system to track and manage fundraising data
The Deputy Finance Director for National Finance Committee & Lay Leadership position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Deputy Finance Director for National Finance Committee & Lay Leadership position is $145,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.