Deputy Finance Director for Convention
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
The Deputy Finance Director for Convention will lead the DNC and Biden Campaign’s major donor Convention efforts. This will include spearheading Convention fundraising efforts, managing and allocating Convention assets, and planning Convention activities for supporters. They will also act as the main point of contact for donors as it relates to questions or assistance related to Convention. This person will also be responsible for managing two Chicago based members of the finance team dedicated to Convention planning.
This position is based in Chicago, IL. The Deputy Finance Director for Convention will report to the Co-Finance Directors.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Work closely with Co-Finance Directors and CFO on Convention budget.
- Create and maintain a finance plan for the Convention.
- Manage and allocate Convention assets among supporters.
- Plan Convention events and engagement events for major donors in attendance at Convention.
- Provide support to donors as it relates to Convention, including answering questions and providing site visit opportunities.
- Other duries as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
What we will look for (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in fundraising or a related field, with a proven track record of achieving successful results.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience in managing a team and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, techniques, and best practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing events, including budgeting and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data and metrics for informed decision-making.
- Ability to and interest in learning new fundraising softwares, donor databases, and online fundraising platforms and utilizing these to reach goals.
- Passion for the mission and goals of the coalitions and a strong commitment to social impact.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Fundraising experience within political campaigns, nonprofits, or coalition-based organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships with donors, sponsors, and funding agencies.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Experience using the NGP VAN system to track and manage fundraising data
The Deputy Finance Director for Convention position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Deputy Finance Director for Convention position is $145,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.