Finance Convention Associate
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
The Finance Convention Associate will assist with the DNC and Biden Campaign’s major donor Convention efforts. This includes working closely with the Deputy Finance Director for Convention on the Convention fundraising efforts, tracking the allocation of Convention assets, and assisting with the planning of Convention activities for supporters. They will also act as a point of contact for donors as it relates to questions or assistance related to Convention.
This position is based in Chicago, IL. The Finance Convention Associate will report to the Deputy Finance Director for Convention.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Work closely with the Deputy Finance Director for Convention on keeping budget and asset allocation documents up to date.
- Assist the Deputy Finance Director for Convention in maintaining clear and consistent communication across internal stakeholders.
- Assist in keeping a finance plan for the Convention up to date.
- Assist with planning Convention events and engagement events for major donors in attendance at Convention. This includes working with vendors and event locations on availability and contract terms as well as details around the event execution.
- Provide support to donors as it relates to Convention, including answering questions and providing site visit opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
What we will look for (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 1-2 years campaign or political committee experience.
- Working knowledge of NGP database is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once.
- Precise attention to detail and strong copy editing skills.
- Error-free written communications.
- Ability to work and build relationships with leaders, staff, and members at all levels.
- Travel may be required.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to take-initiative and learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with other staff members.
- Passion for the Democratic Party.
- A proactive attitude and ability to plan ahead.
The Finance Convention Associate position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the Finance Convention Associate position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.