Grassroots Partnerships Director
Democratic National Committee
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
The Democratic National Committee seeks an experienced organizer who will help expand the grassroots partnerships operations to build community and engage with digital-first partners and volunteers on a national scale. This individual will lead a team that will grow and cultivate online communities and partners, the DNC and Biden-Harris Social Ambassadors programs, and lead digital organizing trainings for volunteers to better hone their messaging and social media tactics to reach key audiences as trusted messengers. The Grassroots Partnerships Director reports to the Supporter Cultivation Director.
- Work closely with the Supporter Cultivation Director to build a strategy to train and scale digital-first volunteers and online groups that will share content on behalf of Democrats and Team Biden-Harris.
- Develop content distribution toolkits, training materials, and online organizing strategies to build better relationships with digital-first volunteers and online community groups.
- Build relationships with online groups and moderators to provide messaging and direction to best engage their communities on behalf of Democrats and Team Biden-Harris.
- Collaborate with the Distributed Content team to incorporate online community feedback into content creation strategies.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with grassroots partners online to support in building volunteer capacity in key states.
- Building a strong online environment with virtual training modules, regular check-ins with volunteer leaders, and fostering collaboration with supporters.
- Track and report out on grassroots partnerships pipeline, completed trainings, and program growth to DNC senior leadership.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About you (Qualifications):
- 4-5 years of experience working with volunteer infrastructure, political campaign, advocacy organization, distributed or digital organizing;
- Experience working with volunteers and building volunteer leadership and networks;
- Experience managing teams;
- Able to work independently and on a team and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Well developed sense of how to train volunteers with a creative and personalized approach;
The starting salary for the Grassroots Partnerships Director position is $92,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is a supervisory position based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.