Grassroots Partnerships Manager - Social Ambassadors
Democratic National Committee
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
The Democratic National Committee seeks an experienced organizer who will help expand the grassroots partnerships operations to build community and engage with digital-first volunteers on a national scale. This individual will grow and cultivate the DNC and Biden-Harris Social Ambassadors programs, train and build volunteer leadership models, and hone in on social media tactics to help create trusted messengers in local communities. The Grassroots Partnerships Manager - Social Ambassadors will report to the Grassroots Partnerships Director.
- Work closely with the Grassroots Partnerships Director to grow and cultivate our base of volunteer Social Ambassadors.
- Develop social ambassador leadership models and regional structure.
- Collaborate with the Distributed Content team to incorporate volunteer feedback into content creation strategies and align on user-generated content.
- Identify opportunities for recruitment into building in-state and national volunteer capacity.
- Host weekly meetings and regular check-ins with social ambassadors and social ambassador volunteer leads.
- Develop and facilitate various interactive trainings, create decks, and think through training methodology and materials for honing volunteer skills in tone, messaging, and online organizing tactics.
- Create comprehensive training resources, including detailed toolkits and FAQ documents, to support and enhance the learning experience.
- Monitoring various social media platforms to stay up to date with the latest trends and stay connected with social ambassadors’ handles online.
- Offer guidance and support to volunteers, resolving technical issues, and answer general questions about the program in the social ambassador Reach chat.
- Track and report out on social ambassador program, completed trainings, program growth, and volunteer content sharing experiences to Grassroots Partnerships Director and Supporter Cultivation Director.
- Study and optimize the intersection of digital and organizing.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department, the DNC, and Team Biden-Harris’ mission.
About you (Qualifications):
- At least 1 cycle of campaign experience, preferably in a distributed or digital organizing role;
- Experience working with volunteers and building volunteer leadership and networks;
- Experience working with Mobilize, Google Suite, Zoom facilitation, a plus;
- Able to work independently and on a team and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Proficiency in utilizing various social media platforms, especially from a user experience, and how to increase engagement with shared content and optimize reach with changing algorithms.
The starting salary for the Grassroots Partnerships Manager: Social Ambassadors position is $65,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.