Supporter Outreach Director
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
The Democratic National Committee seeks an experienced strategist with deep experience using digital tools and tactics to engage grassroots supporters on a national scale.
This individual and their team will work closely with the DNC and Biden for President campaign’s in-house email and SMS fundraising team, donor cultivation team, and our national organizing team to ensure multi-channel retention of supporters and deepen their connections to the Democratic Party.
This individual’s three core areas of focus will be on using the DNC’s email and SMS lists to cultivate supporters; ensuring that no message or DM across any of our owned channels goes unread; and driving innovative web strategy to optimize democrats.org and iwillvote.com to optimize user experience. The Supporter Outreach Director reports to the Supporter Cultivation Director.
- Build a team and implement a holistic approach to reach supporters where they are and cultivate relationships online
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to map supporter journey through organizing and fundraising engagement, implement tactics to retain supporters, and increase engagement
- Cultivate grassroots supporters through various engagement tactics, including: email, broadcast SMS, welcome series and ladders, sequencing across different channels, etc.
- Work with the DNC and BFP in-house email and SMS teams and social teams on strategic targeting and calendaring of engagement for volunteer recruitment
- Work with in-house analytics team on targeted audience lists, as well as supporting strategies for list retention and engagement in tandem with the online fundraising team
- Oversee the team that will be responsible for the DNC’s response to supporter requests over email, mail, phone, and through the DNC’s website
- Track and report out supporter engagement and feedback to DNC senior leadership
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About you (Qualifications):
- Ideal candidate will be a team player, a leader, and a creative thinker; you are willing to work hard and collaborate across a big department and a big organization to get the job done
- Believe in creating relationships with online donors and supporters and have experience with list retention and audience segmentation
- 4-5 years of experience working with digital marketing, online fundraising, an advocacy organization or customer retention roles in the private sector
- Experience using data analytics to drive programmatic decision making
- Experience managing staff
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with an ability to work and communicate effectively with principals, supporters, and staff
Preference given for anyone with:
- Experience working with constituents or volunteers on a 1:1 basis
- Experience using data analytics to drive strategy
- Demonstrated expertise with CRMs like Action Network, WordPress, NGP-VAN, etc.
The starting salary for the Supporter Outreach Director position is $92,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is a supervisory position based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.