Supporter Outreach Manager
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
The Democratic National Committee seeks an experienced writer and digital strategist with experience using CRMs to direct thoughtful, strategic outreach across our various managed inboxes, including but not limited to: our info@ box, all of the DNC’s owned social media pages, our website outreach form, our mobile inboxes, and more.
The Supporter Outreach Manager will engage with Party supporters who are seeking information about how to donate and volunteer with the party and campaign to ensure they receive thoughtful 1:1 responses that help supporters feel heard by the Party, get them the information they need, and empower them to take action in this critical election. The Supporter Outreach Manager will report to the Supporter Outreach Director.
- Working with the Supporter Outreach Director to create an inbox management system that can be optimized for users by platform and has the ability to be both staff and volunteer managed.
- Creating systems, process documentation, and building volunteer management infrastructure for monitoring several national inboxes.
- Coordinate with our in-house Major Donor, Grassroots Fundraising, Donor Cultivation, Voter Protection, and Organizing teams, as well as engaging with volunteers to assist with managing this outreach as the campaign cycle progresses.
- Researching, drafting, and vetting approved talking points for response libraries and customizing responses and processes by channel.
- Monitoring live national volunteer chat in the Reach app.
- Creating intentional chat flows that will be used in web and social media chat.
- Automating, where possible, to filter messages and manage high volume chat and inbox, ensuring that the most relevant and specific use cases are elevated to volunteers and staff.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About you (Qualifications):
- At least 1 cycle of campaign experience, preferably in a volunteer or donor facing role; or experience working in customer success roles in the private sector;
- Experience working with volunteers and building volunteer leadership and networks;
- Able to work independently and on a team, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- A systems- and process-driven individual who is able to plan for several scenarios and map out escalation paths for inbox management at a large scale;
- Belief in the power of 1:1 response to cultivate relationships and build trust with supporter bases.
The starting salary for the Supporter Outreach Manager position is $65,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.