Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
The Office of Party Affairs and Delegate Selection (PADS) manages the institutional affairs of the Democratic Party, including staffing the four standing committees of the DNC and maintaining the Party’s Charter and Bylaws. PADS also facilitates the Party’s presidential nominating process, which includes supervising the process for selecting delegates to the 2024 National Convention and coordinating the work of the National Convention standing committees on Credentials, Platform, and Rules. This position supports the PADS Director and staff in managing the Office, as well as independently oversees tasks and projects.
- Working closely with the PADS Director to ensure the work of the department is completed in an efficient manner
- Executive support of the Director, including scheduling meetings and other general administrative tasks
- Coordinating DNC-related travel for Director, DNC Officers, and others as assigned
- Providing technical, logistical, and administrative support to DNC Officers and their staff at DNC-related events
- Helping staff the four Standing Committees of the DNC and coordinating meeting logistics
- Assisting with the coordination of the National Convention standing committees and related operations
- Coordinating with PADS and other departments to facilitate communications with the DNC Officers
- Assisting with drafting scripts, speeches, talking points, and reports
- Coordinating department intern work assignments with PADS and Leadership staff leads
- Assisting in the preparation of information, documentation, and procedural analysis about the delegate selection process, and drafting related correspondence for the Director
- Maintaining office records and file archives, tracking department email coverage, and coordinating with other departments and staff, as needed
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct research and analyze information
- Experience managing others, and overseeing scheduling, travel, and meeting logistics
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with employees and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office programs; experience with FileMaker or other database programs is a plus
- An interest in understanding Democratic Party rules and parliamentary procedures
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities
- Professional conduct and discretion exhibited at all times
Travel: The Special Assistant position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
Salary: The starting salary for the Special Assistant position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 5% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.