Summer 2024: DNC General Internship
Democratic National Committee
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Welcome to the DNC Internship Application! The DNC is accepting applications for our Summer 2024 Internship Program!
Interning at the DNC is a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real life, hands-on experience in Democratic politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process, and prepare them for future political opportunities.
Internships are available within various departments. Each department offers you a unique learning experience – learn more about each department here.
The program will run from Monday, May 20th to Friday, August 9th, 2024, and will be conducted in a hybrid format. Interns who are based in the Washington D.C. area will have an opportunity to perform in-person work for the DNC at the Democratic National Headquarters and DNC events. You must be located in the United States to apply for this internship.
The DNC Internship Program provides a stipend of $3,600. Housing is not provided. During the upcoming term, interns are expected to work 20 hours per week.
The deadline for applications is Monday, April 1st, 2024.
As an intern with the DNC, you will participate in department-specific substantive and administrative work. In addition, you will have opportunities to participate in grassroots organizing, assist at DNC functions, receive personal development training, and network with DNC leadership and staff.
- Perform department-specific duties;
- Assist the Operations team by attending weekly phone shifts;
- Attend mandatory onboarding/offboarding sessions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution). It is highly recommended that applicants complete at least one full term prior to submitting an application.
- Graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the first day of the internship.
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, in the two years preceding the first day of the internship.
- Commitment of 20 hours per week during the program
- Physically present in the United States to participate in this internship program
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter
Due to the volume of applications, we cannot review additional materials sent outside of the application form. All applicants must fully complete the application to be considered. To ensure you have the most recent information, we encourage you to read our FAQ page before reaching out with questions. If you have a specific question, please email us at email@example.com.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its interns. The DNC internship program is provided on an equal opportunity basis without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the application process and during the internship, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.