Senior Product Analyst
Democratic National Committee
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a Senior Product Analyst to support the Product team as we help Democrats win elections and empower progressives across the country. The Senior Product Analyst will be responsible for researching, collecting, and analyzing data on user behavior to inform product strategy and roadmap decisions.
This role will report into the Strategic Analytics Lead and work closely with the Head of Product and product team. They will design and implement reporting to help identify user needs and opportunities, build tools and processes to make workflows more efficient, and provide ongoing analytics support to the product team.
Who we are:
- We are a fully remote, distributed team living in 19 states and from a variety of backgrounds – some of us have worked in political campaigns, others in public sector tech, and others in industry. We value diversity in perspective, lived experience, and the many paths one may take in their career. We believe deeply in the promise of breaking the boom-bust cycle of political tech work and building technology infrastructure that will support campaigns from cycle to cycle, improving with every iteration.
- We're building centralized data & infrastructure for the Democratic ecosystem and are doubling down on ensuring everything we provide is fully accessible and utilized to power winning campaigns.
Who you are:
- DNC Tech has a strong analytics and data science team that produces exceptional data products and insights for our internal stakeholders and external users. This will be the first time we’ve had the opportunity to bring someone on our team fully focused on user behavior and product metrics. We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst with a diverse range of skills to help us tackle numerous projects. Good candidates are comfortable working independently, but still love collaboration, and are excited for the opportunity to help lead our product analytics strategy.
Core responsibilities of this role will include:
- Reporting: Build, maintain, support, and improve upon reporting on DNC Tech products. Identify and track user behaviors and surface key insights in accurate, stable, and well-designed dashboards.
- Strategic Measurement: Work closely with the Head of Product, product team, and leadership to define and track OKRs or other metrics that enable smarter-decision making.
- Data Product Management: Manage the development of our reporting, tools, and data infrastructure through collaboration with Product Managers. This will require coordination and project management.
- Strategic Analysis: Support roadmapping and product priorities by clearly demonstrating the impact of our work and identifying key opportunities to better serve our users.
- In addition, this role may also include, but is not limited to:
- Data Flows & Pipelines: Manage product data synced from multiple platforms, create data models that aggregate and standardize product data for analysis and reporting.
- Training: Share and establish best practices, documentation, etc. that can be adopted by the whole Tech team.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- Read and write advanced SQL (preferably BigQuery SQL)
- Be able to translate complex and/or messy data into actionable insights through strong written, visual, and verbal communication
- Have experience defining and implementing KPIs and OKRs, preferably against product metrics
- Have experience with some type of data visualization or reporting
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with messy data and dealing with ambiguity
- Be curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together
- Have experience with Google Looker Studio or other data visualization/ business intelligence tools
- Have experience with Google Analytics
- Have knowledge of dbt or experience with transforming raw data into derived data products
You want to …
- Secure the future of our country! Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people. We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are – alumni from past presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, and more.
- Never stop learning. There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
The starting salary for the Sr Product Analyst position is $90,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages and is fully remote. This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.