Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
The Democratic National Committee is hiring a Merchandise Manager to manage the operations of the Biden Victory Fund online store and the DNC’s online store, along with general merch operations. You will work at the intersection of the digital fundraising and creative teams to use digital best practices and your eye for design to drive revenue for Democrats. The Merchandise Manager will report to the Director of Merchandise within the DNC’s Mobilization team.
What You'll Do: Responsibilities
- Work with the Merchandise Director and Assistant, the design team, and external vendors to create Biden-Harris and DNC merchandise and distribute it nationwide;
- Coordinate with internal teams to help market merchandise across channels such as email, ads, organizing, coalitions, and social;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in ordering and fulfilling merchandise as needed;
- Function as the conduit between the DNC, the campaign, and in-state partners;
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About You: Qualifications
- You have a mind for systems and are not intimidated by the idea of making something from scratch;
- You have the ability to work independently and on a team;
- the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions, and you care more about getting the work done than you do about who gets the credit;
- You are solutions-oriented thinker and looking to use your creativity to do good;
- You possess a strong attention to detail and a willingness to pitch in.
- 2-3 years of experience in political or non-profit fundraising.
- Deep understanding of the Democratic Party and commitment to reelecting Joe Biden.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and accounting
- Have a proven track record in documenting processes and
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
The starting salary for the Merchandise Manager position is $65,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C.
Due to federal campaign finance rules, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible for this role. See 52 U.S.C. 30121; 11 C.F.R. 110.20(i).”
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.