Video Research Associate
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Research is the messaging and strategy backbone of campaigns. We scour public records, campaign finance reports, articles, interviews, books, legislation, and more to gain a deep understanding of the topics and candidates we research.
If you’re interested in helping us relentlessly dig for the truth - come join us!
Our Video Research Associates are responsible for assisting media monitoring and rapid response efforts. They provide video research assets and flags to communications and digital staff for use in video reels, social media posts, press releases and other external products. They also play a key role in monitoring and keeping staff informed of coverage trends and flags in national and local media. Some late nights and off hour work will be required.
- Possess strong knowledge of current events within Congress, the White House, opposition and right-wing groups, and activity around upcoming campaign cycles;
- Research and analyze trends in local and national news as well as raw video content;
- Compile press clips and other media coverage reports; and,
- Additional specific research responsibilities, as directed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic understanding of video files and formats;
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and balance long-term needs and short-term tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to take direction, ask questions and quickly learn new tasks and databases; and,
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Have a basic understanding of video files and formats as well as the ability to quickly learn new technological based databases;
- Ability to keep up and analyze the 24 hour news cycle and familiarity with cable news;
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to summarize large news segments into concise points;
- Experience with media monitoring services is a plus; and,
- Experience with Lexis-Nexis is preferred.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The starting salary for the Video Research Associate position is $48,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for overtime wages and is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU local-500 and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?