Regional Data & Analytics Manager (comp listed)
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech Team is hiring Regional Data & Analytics Managers to support the DNC in running efficient and impactful voter engagement programs that help Democrats win elections and to empower progressives across the country.
Who we are:
We are a fully remote, distributed team living in 19 states and from a variety of backgrounds. Some of us have worked in political campaigns, others in public sector tech, and others in industry. We value diversity in perspective, lived experience, and the many paths one may take into working in political technology. We believe deeply in the promise of breaking the boom-bust cycle of political tech work and building technology infrastructure that will support campaigns from cycle to cycle and will improve with every iteration.
Who you are:
We're focused on equipping Democratic candidates and campaigns around the country with the data and analytics resources they need to win, and are looking for Analytics Engineers with a diverse range of backgrounds and skill sets to help us tackle numerous projects. Whether 2020 was your first time volunteering for a campaign or you've been working with electoral data teams for multiple cycles, we'd love to talk to you.
Good candidates are willing to get nerdy about the details while staying focused on our goal of electing Democrats. On a day-to-day basis, our team cares about things like geocoding polling places, tracking Census Bureau data releases, assessing phone number quality, and promoting inclusive labeling practices, to name a few.
Among other things, in this role you could help us:
- Target Volunteer & Voter Engagement Efforts: Work closely with the Distributed Organizing Director and Distributed Managers to identify targeted voters and prospective volunteers for outreach based on program goals. This will include support for our national distributed outreach program, and partnering with states to support a coordinated approach to voter and volunteer engagement across programs.
- Implement and Maintain Data Standards: Working with states and our national team to ensure a strong framework is in place for clean, consistent data entry by campaign organizing programs. Ensure data is being tracked across states in a scalable way and clear systems and documentation exist to ensure high quality data tracking throughout the cycle.
- Goal Setting: Help set goals for our national organizing program, and support states data teams in defining key metrics to track and set goals to evaluate program progress and adjust as needed.
- Track Program Process & Optimize Outreach Over Time: Build reports to measure program performance for internal program measurement and to communicate with external stakeholders. Set up systems to track whether we’re reaching targeted voters overtime, whether our volunteer recruitment methods are effective, and identify opportunities to adjust programs as we go.
Some things that might make you right for this role (good candidates might check many of these boxes, but don’t let this list stop you from applying):
- You are proficient in SQL and comfortable reasoning about very large datasets (you may even have opinions on trailing versus leading commas)You have experience working with political data like state voter files, election results, or voter contact data;
- You have experience working on collaborative teams in a remote / distributed context; you’re comfortable coordinating work happening around the country – bonus points if you’ve managed a distributed team;
- You have experience doing voter outreach or community organizing, either professionally or as a volunteer – bonus points if you’ve knocked doors, made phone calls, sent text messages, or organized your own friends and family to vote;
- You have experience tackling new, messy datasets, and structuring them for quick analysis and insights; you understand the importance of establishing data standards and unifying multiple sources of data to track program progress and optimize work over time;
- You are comfortable communicating the results of analysis to a wide range of stakeholders, including through routine reporting and leveraging data visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau, or Periscope;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- You can turn independent analysis projects into sustainable, documented workflows, and have experience building systems that can be used across teams and are designed with longevity in mind; and,
- You are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.