Federal Research Coordinator
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Reports to: Senior Director, Campaign Research
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Federal Research Coordinator to join our Campaigns team. The Federal Research Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be to aid in long-term as well as rapid response projects for federal and gubernatorial race needs.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Write and edit rapid response and longer term candidate research while maintaining timeliness and accuracy;
- Work directly with Campaigns team colleagues and individual campaigns to identify, prioritize, conduct, and implement long-term research projects;
- Examine policy issues, legislation, campaign finance filings, and other public records;
- Complete rapid response assignments and fulfill internal research requests;
- Track federal legislation and votes on key issues;
- Track election night returns on primary and general election nights;
- Assist campaigns with research projects as needed;
- Assist research team members as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in a political/campaign/advocacy research capacity;
- Excellent research skills and extremely keen and meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong writing, grammar, communication, and organizational skills;
- Thorough understanding of current political landscape and strong political judgment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs;
- Knowledge of Nexis, campaign finance databases, and other programs to track and present data effectively a plus;
- Ability to communicate research findings effectively a plus;
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to expand the EMILYs List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America;
- Commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $61,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, D.C. This position is based in the D.C. office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
See more open positions at EMILY's List
Something looks off?