State & Local Endorsement Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Reports to: Vice President, State and Local Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: State and Local Campaigns Assistant and Regional Coordinators
FLSA Status: Exempt
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Endorsement Manager to join our State and Local Campaigns team. The Endorsement Manager facilitates the EMILYs List endorsement process for the State and Local and Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns teams and works closely with the Campaigns Research team.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with the leadership of the State and Local and Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns departments to prioritize, implement, and oversee the internal endorsement process;
- Administers, tracks, and receives choice questionnaires from campaigns per the request of the Regional Directors;
- Develops an overall schedule of all elements of the internal process to ensure deadlines are met for public endorsement rollouts;
- Staffs, schedules, and prepares materials for the Choice Committee and for the final approval of endorsements according to need and deadlines;
- Works with the Campaigns Research teams to prioritize research vet requests based on endorsement deadlines;
- Ensures all endorsement information is tracked in Every Action;
- Works with the leadership of State and Local Campaigns and the IT departments to manage the State and Local Campaigns department’s transition to and maintenance of the Every Action database. This includes but is not limited to: working to ensure the database is tracking all of the information needed, conceptualizing ways in which the database may need to be further tailored to our needs, identifying consistent data gaps and opportunities to create efficiencies in data input, ensuring the staff have the proper training resources available to them, and overseeing data audits as necessary to ensure complete information.
- Keeps appropriate staff apprised on status of all candidates moving through the endorsement process and the materials needed to meet deadlines;
- Works with the Vice President of State and Local Campaigns to develop and update state and local public endorsement materials for partners and investors on a regular basis;
- Serves as direct manager of the State and Local Campaigns Assistant and Regional Coordinators;
- Works with the leadership of State and Local Campaigns to evaluate and optimize internal processes related to candidate intake, endorsement, and staff support to help provide more fluid and effective implementation across the department;
- Helps staff on the State and Local team with other duties as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least four years of previous work experience in a fast-paced, complex project management role.
- Experience directly supervising interns or staff.
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and deadlines at once and prioritize them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding attention to detail and strong scheduling skills.
- Innovative self-starter who is results-oriented and adaptable to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong, organized planner who can work collaboratively with a wide variety of people and manage multiple workflows.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Political and/or campaigns experience is preferred.
- Experience in a large organization working across multiple departments is preferred.
- Experience with Every Action is a plus.
- Experience with DocuSign is a plus.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $70,000 - $79,100 and comes with a comprehensive benefitspackage. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by 5/31/2023 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the D.C. office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
See more open positions at EMILY's List
Something looks off?