HR and Recruitment Coordinator
People & HR
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Reports to: Deputy Director, HR and Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: Exec/Admin Intern
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Human Resources and Recruitment Coordinator to join our HR and Operations team. The HR and Recruitment Coordinator is an integral member of the team and has the opportunity to shape the employee experience at EMILYs List and lead the EMILYs List internship program, kick-starting careers in politics.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the EMILYs List internship program to include recruiting, hiring, programming, and semi-monthly intern payroll processing;
- Work in collaboration with the Deputy Director, HR/Operations on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programming, administration of the DEI Committee, and special HR/Operations projects;
- Coordinate the onboarding process for all new staff by compiling onboarding materials and serving as the primary point of contact for candidates and new staff;
- Coordinates recruiting efforts, including maintaining the EL job bank, posting job announcements to all recruiting outlets, maintaining job listings, and administering hiring assessments as needed;
- Maintain EMILYs List alumni lists and alumni programming;
- Develop and manage relationships with external vendors, community groups, and universities and represent EMILYs List at career fairs;
- Serves as backup for Payroll and Benefits Specialist as needed;
- Provide administrative support to the HR/Operations team as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tasks to completion;
- Ability to be patient, empathetic, and discreet;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and enlist help when necessary;
- Ability to take initiative and present ideas and solutions;
- An interest in working in Human Resources is a plus;
- An interest in coordinating programs or project management is a plus;
- Experience using Human Resources Information Systems like Paylocity and/or Applicant Tracking Systems like Lever a plus;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $61,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.