Fact-Checking Research Coordinator
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Reports to: Senior Director, Communications Research
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Union Position: YES
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Fact-Checking Research Coordinator to join our Communications Research team. The Fact-Checking Research Coordinator will be responsible for proofreading, fact-checking, and editing all organizational materials and ensuring that EMILYs List always operates at the highest levels of accuracy.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Fact-check content and materials with meticulous precision and calm during high-volume, fast-paced periods;
- Serve as the point person for organization-wide proofreading and copy-editing needs;
- Track data on EMILYs List candidates and women in politics as well as the organization’s historical data;
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organizational deadlines are met;
- Conduct vetting individuals, vendors, and venues for internal and external events;
- Fact-check rapid-response materials and primary and general election night materials;
- Contribute to research by examining policy issues, legislation, campaign finance filings, and other public records;
- Support the training and management of department interns;
- Be available outside of normal office hours to fulfill fact checking requests as needed;
- Assist with any other assignments and tasks as requested by the Communications Research and Communications and Content departments at EMILYs List
- Excellent research skills and extremely keen attention to detail, meticulous, and thorough;
- Strong writing, grammar, communication, and organizational skills;
- Experience fact-checking and copy-editing;
- Proven experience prioritizing and working on multiple projects at once;
- Experience in campaigns/politics/advocacy a plus, preferably in a research environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and other programs to track and present data effectively.
- Familiarity with AP style a plus;
- Experience using federal and state government databases and multiple other data sources a plus;
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to continuously learn and expand the EMILYs List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $61,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
This position is eligible for full-time remote work. Our office is based in Washington, D.C.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.