Campaign Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Supervisor: Senior Director, Campaign Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Campaign Communications Manager to join our Communications team. The Campaign Communications Manager promotes the mission of EMILY's List and works directly with our pro-choice Democratic women candidates and elected officials throughout the country. The Campaign Communications Manager supports the arm of EMILY's List that works to identify and create opportunities for our endorsed candidates and advise on their communications strategies.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Draft press materials, including releases and op-eds on behalf of our campaigns and candidates;
- Manage the process by which candidate endorsements are announced;
- Monitor breaking news and help to identify opportunities in which our candidates can stand out and garner press attention;
- Aid the campaign communications team in advising and collaborating with candidates to amplify their messages;
- Assist with booking and pitching for our candidates;
- Draft talking points for EMILY's List staff and candidates;
- Maintain strong relationships with the campaigns and candidates;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience talking to reporters directly and some on the record experience;
- Experience in a rapid response media environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and write quickly and in a compelling manner;
- Energetic ability to multi-task and manage projects in a fast-paced and changeable environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The starting salary range for this position is $70,000 - $79,100 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.