Data Operations Lead
eQual, a public benefit corporation that provides technology and services to help people-centered organizations qualify for the ballot, is seeking a Data Operations Lead (remote position).
This experienced, highly-motivated individual will help us build and lead our Data & Quality Control Services. To apply, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile and a cover note describing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eQual serves statewide ballot initiative campaign customers working to advance issues such as reproductive rights, voting rights, gun safety, minimum wage, democracy reform, and reduction of medical debt. In 2022, eQual was selected to join the Higher Ground Labs accelerator.
Our core software platform is designed to facilitate the recruitment of petition signers and volunteers, onboarding and management of signature gathering teams, and unit-level tracking and validation of petitions and signatures.
In addition to our platform tools, eQual provides a Data & Quality Control service to ensure that our clients’ signatures meet compliance requirements in order to be counted toward qualification. Poor quality control has historically cost campaigns millions - due to either excess collection of signatures or failure to collect enough to qualify - and our Data & Quality Control service addresses this critical issue.
- Building out and optimizing key business processes related to Data & Quality Control services, including defining workflows to scale operations
- Scoping and budgeting of Data & Quality Control projects - i.e., for a project of X size that needs to be completed in Y weeks, we will need to hire a team of Z people (with associated costs)
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and managing work of a distributed Data & Quality Control teamto meet needs of contracted projects
- Taking accountability for expense management relative to approved project budgets
- Taking a database-driven (SQL) approach to evaluating team performance
- Leading ongoing review of team’s productivity and accuracy, providing training/communications/feedback
- Taking primary accountability for quality of contracted projects and delivery according to specifications
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing remote teams - we welcome experience doing this with teams of employees, contractors or volunteers (e.g., in a campaign context, an analogy might be virtual phone or text banks)
- Ability to distill complex project requirements and develop key performance metrics by which teams responsible for execution will be evaluated
- Proficient at SQL – able to engage flexibly with a database to answer key questions, measure trends, and perform data operations that the business requires
- Experience with external stakeholder management. The leader will own client relationships throughout the lifecycle, from initial contact to project implementation and ongoing account management
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated completion mentality
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative to deliver on what is needed day-to-day in order to meet high-level organizational goals
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and engage flexibly with the operational needs of a start-up
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $80-$110k per year, commensurate with experience, plus stock options. We provide healthcare benefits and offer unlimited PTO with approval.
We are remote-first, and use occasional in-person meetups to foster the relationship building, spontaneity, feedback and collaboration often missing in remote work.
eQual is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the best companies bring together diversity in race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, religion, perspectives and ideas. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all employees.