Associate Product Manager, CiviForm
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We enable impact-focused organizations to rethink experiences and create digital products that solve their problems and delight users. Our diverse team brings a breadth of technical expertise, user-centric perspectives, and product strategy to every engagement. As a certified B-Corporation, we are driven by our fierce commitment to the betterment of humanity. Our clients include Johns Hopkins University's Gender Equity Unit, the San Francisco Foundation's Housing Readiness Tool, the City of Oakland's oaklandca.gov, TRAILS Wellness' mental health resource platform, and the State of California's Cal-Adapt climate resilience databases. Our affordable housing platform, Bloom Housing, has expanded to six jurisdictions, including across the entire Bay Area, and is currently scaling in cities across the country.
Exygy has embraced a work from home philosophy and we are now a remote-first company. This role can be located anywhere in the U.S and may occasionally require some traveling for meetings or team building events. Exygy remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular zoom workshops and trainings.
About the Role
Exygy seeks an enthusiastic and highly driven associate product manager, who is passionate about making a difference in the world with technology. Join our tight-knit team to help us grow CiviForm and deliver on our mission of equitably and effectively ensuring every American’s basic social needs are met. This is a full-time remote position.
Our systems for accessing government services in the U.S. are incredibly complex. Each year, people spend over 10 billion hours completing government forms, and families looking to apply for public benefits encounter one barrier after another. Research shows that the need to navigate complicated requirements and re-enter sensitive personal information repeatedly can feel dehumanizing. These challenges, among others, lead to over $80 billion in funded benefits going unclaimed every year.
CiviForm was originally built by the City of Seattle with pro bono support from Google.org fellows and has now entered a new phase of development and implementation. As Exygy moves into the role of product steward, this position represents an exciting opportunity to collaborate with Google.org as well as city and state governments on a tool that has a tangible impact on residents. Exygy works to use design and technology to improve lives, and this team will help set a vision for CiviForm’s future scale and governance.
As an associate product manager, you’ll play an important coordination role within our cross-functional CiviForm team. You’ll help refine our open-source project governance, documentation, and delivery processes. You’ll interface with our collaborators in government, support design and engineering initiatives, and grow into defining and delivering features that continually improve how government benefits are administered and accessed.
While we’d love for candidates to have some product management experience, this position could also be a great fit for individuals with product-adjacent backgrounds (project management, program management, business analytics, etc), looking to transition into the role.
**APPLICATIONS OPEN TIL JUNE 25th 2023**
What you will be doing:
- Contributing to product artifacts, such as personas, user journeys, and product requirements documents
- Helping facilitate cross-functional sprint planning and agile ceremonies
- Contributing to delivery communications and quality assurance testing for releases
- Updating public project and product documentation, recording product demos, and drafting any other needed artifacts to help keep the open-source project transparent and accessible
- Helping refine and build new governance processes to consistently improve how we communicate and work together across multiple organizations
- Serving as a point of contact for project partners in sharing product updates and responding to support requests
- Supporting on communications or product marketing requests that arise from our Growth team
We'd like you to have:
- 1-2+ years working on technology projects in a relevant role and/or product management training
- Detail orientation, excellent organizational skills, and a love of building processes and documentation
- A creative, entrepreneurial mindset with a bias towards action; comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to learn new skills and tools on the fly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as facilitated approach to leadership - an ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals
- Ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly
- Experience working with agile methodologies in any role
- A commitment to the betterment of humanity - passionate about designing and developing world-class products that make communities healthier and more resilient
Impress us with your:
- Experience working in or with government
- Knowledge of or experience with open-source technology projects
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders in complex organizations
- Knowledge of the U.S. social safety net or experience in the social impact space
- Desire to actively contribute to building the culture of our CiviForm team
- A human-centered design approach to work and the ability to balance user needs with business constraints
EEO & Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are actively seeking to create a diverse and equitable work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.
See more open positions at Exygy
Something looks off?