Director of Analytics & Strategy
This is a full-time, remote position. We will only review applications from qualified candidates located in and eligible to work in the United States.
Firefly is looking for an experienced, motivated professional who is passionate about progressive causes to lead Strategy & Analytics across our client projects.
The Director of Analytics & Strategy leads, manages, and holds their team accountable for results. This person models expected behavior and clearly communicates team goals, expectations, and processes to their team. As the next tier in the organizational chart, under Executive Leadership, the Director is an integral part of the planning, traction, and meeting of company-wide and team-specific goals.
The Director provides support in hiring and onboarding new team members and keeps Executive Leadership apprised of team performance. The Director provides feedback regularly with the aim of improving performance and providing high-quality customer service.
What We're Seeking
If you’re skilled at working with clients to understand their goals and working with teams to deliver digital solutions to meet those identified needs, then we want to hear from you! You must enjoy working collaboratively with clients and team members across all business units of the agency, demonstrate a capacity for leading and managing a remote team, and bring a passion for staying up to date on digital marketing and nonprofit technology trends.
In this role, we expect you to bring the following qualities:
- Demonstrated experience in data and analytics with increasing levels of responsibility, as well as experience collaborating on, designing, and overseeing data projects.
- Ability to collaboratively define and then articulate a data and analytics strategy as well as a strong data & analytics delivery background from project scoping, road mapping + timeline development, through successful delivery of actionable insights
- Familiarity with nonprofit tech stack (Salesforce, Blackbaud, Hubspot, EngagingNetworks, Every Action)
- Demonstrated experience leading, managing, and holding a remote team accountable for results in their functional area. An ability to lead, inspire, and also have tough conversations as we continue to build our teams
- Collaborate with Sales to scope proposals and estimates
- Ability to track, measure, and report/express the outcomes of the solutions we build for our clients and guide process iteration based on data
- Ability to manage multiple projects to be on time, within budget, and delivered with a high level of client satisfaction
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with clients and maintains those relationships over time. Adapt communication styles and methods to build trust among clients and partners.
Some of What You’ll Do
- Build data and analytics programs by standardizing deliverables and processes with a focus on profitability
- Manage internal and external teams dedicated to all things data, from building to monitoring, collection, and analysis, to help clients develop insights that will inform their strategic decisions
- Utilize data to drive impact by informing marketing plans and optimization strategies. Implement a data-driven planning and optimization infrastructure
- Work with the Director of Digital Solutions to design and manage measurement systems for data capture and reporting across a variety of nonprofit tools and platforms, including but not limited to Google Analytics, and CRM and fundraising systems
- Carry out day-to-day management tasks including, but not limited to: communicating expectations, maintaining a regular flow of information through both written communication and regular check-in calls, providing clear and consistent feedback, and carrying out performance assessments, corrective action processes, reviewing timesheets.
- Hold the members of the team accountable for producing high-quality work and exceptional client experiences, ensuring project teams are delivering on time and within approved budgets.
- In collaboration with the sales team and project teams where necessary, assess prospective client needs based on the information available and make recommendations for meeting stated goals.
- Maintain 20-25 hours of client billable work each week.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- Four to eight years of analytics and/or digital marketing work, leading client engagements, with at least two years of management/team lead experience, preferably at an agency or large nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and oversee the execution of these plans within a cross-functional team
- Ability to advocate on behalf of team, and to support, encourage, and uplift through leadership and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Three to five years’ experience working with or for nonprofit organizations preferred. Volunteer/board service time could be considered
- Three years' experience working alongside sales functions to ensure appropriate and accurate scoping processes for net-new business and client renewals
- At least three years of hands-on experience working in nonprofit marketing tools, open-source CMS software, and/or nonprofit database tools
This position supervises other Digital Marketers and Analysts on the Client Services Team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires occasional travel, both local and throughout the United States, as a very small overall percentage of your time. Contingent on CDC guidelines.
What We Offer:
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time annually (pro-rated based on start date)
- PPO and HSA healthcare plans with dental and vision options
- Generous company contribution to healthcare premiums
- Employer-paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policies
- Ability to participate in company 401(k) plan
- 11 company holidays annually
- Complete office technology setup to do your best work from your home office, including a stipend to cover internet costs
- Continuing education and training opportunities
- Flexible hours to accommodate childcare and homeschooling