For the Many
FIELD ORGANIZER OVERVIEW
The Field Organizer will build our electoral program through direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and leadership development. This is a temporary full-time, exempt position that will last through July 1st, with the possibility of extension through November.
Location: The position will be based in the Hudson Valley, with a focus on Dutchess & Columbia counties
Type of position: Temporary, exempt. For the Many is a unionized workplace. This is a temporary role, not included in our bargaining unit. For the Many’s union employees are represented by United For the Many, with Workers United Rochester Regional Joint Board.
Compensation: $4,882.67 – $5,299 per month, with comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
We are building a grassroots movement of everyday people to transform New York so it works for all of us. For too long, greedy corporations, billionaires, and political elites have rigged our country to work against us. We are coming together across race and age to fight for laws and win elections that put the power back in our hands and create lasting change.
- Conduct voter contact through methods including door-knocking, phone-banking, text-banking
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers doing voter contact
- Build and manage volunteer relationships through events and 1-1s
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly internal goals
- Continuously update and maintain data
- Meet with supervisor on a regular basis
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to work flexible and unusual hours (often weekends and nights, especially leading up to the election)
- This position will require access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license to be able to travel by car daily
- Ability to walk extensively for canvassing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ months of prior organizing experience, preferably in the context of an electoral campaign
- Ability to do outreach, build relationships, and plan and facilitate meetings and events
- Strong relational skills
- Comfort being at the front of the room and as a public speaker
- Ability to give and receive feedback and uphold a culture of support and accountability
- Consistency in bringing a problem-solving orientation and creativity to shifting challenges and responsibilities
- Commitment to leaning into discomfort and seeing/using challenges as opportunities for growth
- Ability to use common word processing programs and databases
- Ability to work in different places in the Hudson Valley as needed
- Familiarity with New York State and/or Hudson Valley political landscape
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
Please apply at https://airtable.com/appnVqunnhlTUJyMd/shraYtCLTk4P63Jsr
People of color, gender oppressed people, working class people, LGBTQ people, and immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We sincerely regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.