Social Media Associate, Criminal Justice
Who We Are:
FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out from the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
FWD.us is working to safely and significantly reduce the jail and prison population, to reduce the number of people with criminal convictions, and to support the millions of family members impacted by incarceration and the criminal justice system.
The Social Media Associate is part of our Digital Department, whose mission is to build and engage a supporter base needed to effect policy change with the rest of the national and state teams focused on reforming the immigration system and criminal justice system in America.
A successful candidate will serve as a key contributor to our social media presence across our website, email and social media channels. This candidate will be a prolific writer and familiar with how different types of content perform on different platforms. This candidate will be tasked with helping to ensure that content is engaging, effective and aligned with our digital and political campaign content plans. This candidate will have a knack for creative content and a proven ability/demonstrated interest for growing community channels.
In addition, this candidate will be managing metrics towards a campaign goal and will love streamlining content towards execution. This requires this candidate to be familiar with project management, overseeing workflows, modern social marketing techniques, creative online communication strategies, and copy editing.
The Social Media Associate, Criminal Justice reports to the Director of Project Management, Criminal Justice.
- Develop and support the execution of social media content and campaigns to influence stakeholders and recruit supporters interested in taking action on criminal justice reform.
- Engage with organization partners, followers, and potential supporters across social media platforms in support of organizational goals using the voice of FWD.us and its sub brands.
- Write compelling social copy in the FWD.us voice, in collaboration with the criminal justice reform team, to deliver key messages to relevant audiences and foster a community of action takers who can help amplify them.
- Analyze the effectiveness of individual content, and overall content program, through robust data collection to make data-driven recommendations.
- Monitor social media platforms for sentiment, demonstrate an understanding of the issue ecosystem and provide regular reports on the conversation through recommended social media analysis tools.
- Plan and execute creative campaigns and email campaigns with the Digital Department and vendors to increase reach and frequency of core campaign messages on social platforms and recruit, retain, and connect new supporters.
- Help to execute a strategy to build, engage, and maintain active long term digital communities in key states.
- Create timely moving content in partnership with the Criminal Justice political team for advocacy campaigns and monitor social moments for their impact.
- Coordinate with the Director of Project Management, Criminal Justice, Digital Department team leadership, and Project Managers to hit deadlines.
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing with a focus on social media.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven track record of community growth and engagement for high level brands strongly desired.
- Familiarity managing communities like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube required.
- Familiarity with social media reporting and analytics platforms required.
Technical Skill Set a Plus:
- Graphic design exposure to tools, especially within the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Professional experience using CRMs, Google Analytics, social media analytics trackers, WordPress or other CMS, and social media management platforms.
- Knowledge of Social Media Ads (FB, Twitter etc.) and Google Ads.
- Basic experience with web development and website builds.
This position is expected to work out of Los Angeles, CA, Oakland, CA, or Washington, DC. Occasional travel expected.
Compensation Range: Compensation commensurate with experience. General range is $68K-$78K.
FWD values the health and safety of our staff, their families, and our community. In support of these values, all FWD staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted. If selected for this job, incoming hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity
We are an organization committed to making the world a better place for all people. Diversity is a source of our strength, and allows us to make better decisions, be more impactful, and excel at our jobs day to day. We see our internal commitment to diversity as reflective of how we view the world and the changes we want to see become reality.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The company strictly prohibits discrimination and harassment against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, training, discipline and termination.
The organization understands that too often what are viewed as the traditional credentials are subjective criteria that exclude historically marginalized communities and act as barriers to hiring and recruiting the best candidates.
As part of FWD’s best hiring practices, we do not have educational requirements for any of our jobs. Many of our jobs do require specific interpersonal, skill-based, technical, policy or other requirements and applicants for those jobs will be evaluated based on their level of expertise, to include lived experience and work experience - which could have taken place at an educational institution or elsewhere.
FWD.us believes in fair chances and employment opportunities that benefit everyone. Ensuring that people who have had contact with the criminal justice system--including incarceration for serious offenses and substantial periods of time--have the opportunities upon their release to fully succeed and contribute to this country is central to our work and is a value to which we are absolutely committed to uphold in how we operate and who we hire. We do not conduct criminal background checks on applicants, unless required by state or federal law for specific roles.
The company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to allow such persons to perform the essential functions of their jobs, to the extent required by law. Employees or applicants who would like to request a reasonable accommodation should contact Management. The company will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee’s sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
Applicants directly impacted by the criminal justice or immigration systems, including formerly incarcerated individuals, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?