WHO WE ARE
FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out from the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
FWD.us is working to safely and significantly reduce the jail and prison population, to reduce the number of people with criminal convictions, and to support the millions of family members impacted by incarceration and the criminal justice system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Accounts Payable (30%)
- Review all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and relevant budget approval
- Code and input all invoices and expense reimbursements into the bill payment system, Bill.com, for payment via EFT/ACH payment and wire transfer
- Verify the accuracy of consultants' payments against contracts
- Resolve invoice discrepancies as needed
- Serve as point of contact to resolve all vendor/employee invoice or reimbursement inquiries
- Maintain AP vendor files (address, W-9, etc.) and prepare annual Form 1099-MISC
Credit Card Accounting (30%)
- Review monthly credit card reconciliation reports for accuracy and completeness
- Upload approved monthly credit card reports into the accounting system, Intacct
- Maintain schedule of outstanding credit card reports and follow up with employees as necessary
- Report back to the Controller and COO on compliance to policies and procedures
Month End close (30%)
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare general ledger journal entries which include but are not limited to payroll, prepaid expenses, and accrued expenses
- Assist controller with reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
Other Duties (10%)
- Assist with annual independent financial statement audits of FWD and affiliated entities
- Conduct new hire staff reimbursement training
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in accounting with demonstrated knowledge of U.S GAAP
- Proficient with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets)
- Organized and detail oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work products
- Self motivated to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Effective communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and systems and provide input on improvement where needed.
- Proactive and intellectually curious about areas of growth
This position requires being in the office on a hybrid schedule, working from the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and an option to work remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Compensation and benefits: Starting salary commensurate with experience. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, employer paid life insurance, matching 401k, sick leave, holiday schedules, gym reimbursement, student loan payment reimbursement, family planning reimbursement, professional development, staff lunches, a family leave policy, and other support for our staff.
FWD values the health and safety of our staff, their families, and our community. In support of these values, all FWD staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted. If selected for this job, incoming hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity
We are an organization committed to making the world a better place for all people. Diversity is a source of our strength, and allows us to make better decisions, be more impactful, and excel at our jobs day to day. We see our internal commitment to diversity as reflective of how we view the world and the changes we want to see become reality.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The company strictly prohibits discrimination and harassment against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, training, discipline and termination.
The organization understands that too often what are viewed as the traditional credentials are subjective criteria that exclude historically marginalized communities and act as barriers to hiring and recruiting the best candidates.
As part of FWD’s best hiring practices, we do not have educational requirements for any of our jobs. Many of our jobs do require specific interpersonal, skill-based, technical, policy or other requirements and applicants for those jobs will be evaluated based on their level of expertise, to include lived experience and work experience - which could have taken place at an educational institution or elsewhere.
FWD.us believes in fair chances and employment opportunities that benefit everyone. Ensuring that people who have had contact with the criminal justice system--including incarceration for serious offenses and substantial periods of time--have the opportunities upon their release to fully succeed and contribute to this country is central to our work and is a value to which we are absolutely committed to uphold in how we operate and who we hire. We do not conduct criminal background checks on applicants, unless required by state or federal law for specific roles.
The company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to allow such persons to perform the essential functions of their jobs, to the extent required by law. Employees or applicants who would like to request a reasonable accommodation should contact Management. The company will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee’s sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
Applicants directly impacted by the immigration system are strongly encouraged to apply.