Director of Information Technology (comp listed)
WHO WE ARE
FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out from the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
The Director of Information Technology will be a member of the Community Department, whose mission is to build and engage the supporter base needed to effect policy change. The Director of Information Technology will report to the Head of Technology.
The Director of Information Technology will work with the Head of Technology to oversee and support the technical infrastructure of FWD.us. This includes tracking our technology in order to achieve goals, meet quotas, eliminate security risks, increase user satisfaction, and maintain operations and systems. The Director of Information Technology will build security-focused infrastructure, systems, and technology solutions and help to cultivate a culture of shared best practices and knowledge around FWD.us products and technologies.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an IT setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in a management role overseeing IT operations and staff
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Experience with information and network security and risk management
- Experience securing applications deployed within Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foresee possible issues and troubleshoot them proactively
- Lead IT operations for all FWD.us offices and employees, including end-user support
- Maintain relationships with IT vendors and key consultants
- Developing and overseeing metrics for hardware, software, and storage
- Manage inventory including device procurement and configuration, and ongoing device inventory audits
- Manage corporate cell phone program, including reviewing and approving monthly cell phone bills and performing periodic audits to make sure data plans are right-sized for usage.
- Manage inventory of FWD.us IT assets; ensuring budget compliance, and proper tracking of technology fleet.
- Oversee implementation and monitor adherence to organization's IT asset purchase and replacement policy.
- Support finance team with regard to proper authorization and recording of IT asset additions and disposals from the general ledger.
- Being a representative of technology team to collaborate with other teams and Departments
- Determining business requirements for IT systems
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Oversee information security, both at the cloud level as well as internal network level including system monitoring and threat detection
- Managing access control systems for SaaS platforms, such as G Suite, Salesforce, and Dropbox
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions that increase security
- Manage device management systems and processes which ensure all organization devices and software are running with latest security updates
- Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Managing the organization’s help desk
- Perform new hire and ongoing staff training regarding technology and security practices
- Be part of a team responsible for building products and technology tools in real time to fast-moving political events at the state and local level.
WHO YOU ARE
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to break down complex technology concepts to less technical users
- Multi-tasker who can manage high workflow/multiple projects without sacrificing quality
- Creative and persistent “can-do” positive attitude
- Problem-solver motivated to launch, iterate, and try new solutions
- Passionate about joining a team dedicated to achieving policy wins at the state and national levels
- Believe and support the mission and verticals of FWD.us
Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity
We are an organization committed to making the world a better place for all people. Diversity is the source of our strength, and allows us to make better decisions, be more impactful, and be better at our jobs day to day. We see our internal commitment to diversity to be reflective of how we view the world and the changes we want to see become reality.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applications for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Whenever possible, the company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law. Applicants who would like to request a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.