Follow-up and Call Center Program Manager
GiveDirectly (GD) provides cash grants directly to people living in extreme poverty. Since launching in 2011, GD has raised over $1B, delivered cash to more than 1.5 million recipients, launched operations in 15 countries, and continues to expand its reach across the Global South. GD has also grown the research base supporting unconditional cash with 20 randomized control trials from its programs, generating rigorous evidence across countries and contexts. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) has been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and agile. We work alongside 750+ individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. Team members at GiveDirectly attest that diversity, equity, and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but a fundamental part of our culture and values. We actively seek to recruit individuals from the communities we serve, and use DEI as a lens in our hiring practices, programs, and initiatives. Our goal is to maintain a workplace where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, and feel valued and respected for who they are. We continue to grapple with balancing inclusivity of all cultures and experiences while maintaining cohesion in our values. While there is much that we are still learning, we take care of one another, have fun, as well as provide flexible working hours wherever possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
About the Role:
The follow-up and Call Center Program Manager is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of all GiveDirectly Follow-up, and Call center activities for the organization. This includes developing and implementing plans for Follow-up, Post Distribution Monitoring, and Call Center, managing the Follow-Up and Call Center teams, and ensuring that Follow-up data is collected, analyzed, and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The Follow-Up and Call Center PM also works with other departments within the organization to ensure that Follow-Up and Call Center activities are fully implemented, and findings from follow-up surveys are used to improve the quality and effectiveness of programs. Play the role of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for the organization on grants or programs that required standard Monitoring and Evaluation roles as per donor requirements. Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the organization's M&E system. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the call center, including supporting the hiring, training, and managing staff, developing and implementing Call center trackers, processes, and procedures, and monitoring and evaluating call center performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of success in managing and motivating teams, as well as a deep understanding of call center operations and best practices, follow-up/post-distribution monitoring, and formal monitoring and evaluation standards and processes.
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Follow-up plans for all relevant programs.
- Manage the Follow-up team, including assigning tasks, providing training, and conducting performance reviews.
- Oversee the survey design, data collection, analysis, and reporting of both Follow-Up and Post Distribution Monitoring data.
- Work with other departments within the organization to ensure that Follow-up activities are fully implemented.
- Ensure that follow-up and post-distribution monitoring data/findings are used to improve the quality and effectiveness of programs.
- Represent the organization during partner coordination meetings and present findings from Follow-up surveys.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest follow-up best practices and methodologies within the organization.
Call Center Management
- Develop and implement call center goals and objectives, and track and measure progress towards those goals.
- Hire, train, and manage call center staff, including developing and implementing performance standards and providing coaching and feedback.
- Oversee the daily operations of the call center, including scheduling, staffing, and call routing.
- Develop and implement customer service policies and procedures, and ensure that staff are properly trained and follow those procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate call center performance, including metrics such as customer satisfaction, average call handling time, and first call resolution.
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the call center.
- Work with other departments to ensure that customers have a seamless experience.
- Review and Approve all Call center cases
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks, tools, and processes to track and measure the performance and impact of programs and services.
- Design and conduct data collection and analysis activities.
- Prepare and present monitoring and evaluation reports to staff, stakeholders, and donors.
- Provide technical support and training to staff on M&E principles and practices.
- Work with staff and stakeholders to use M&E data to inform decision-making and improve program quality.
- Ensure that the organization's M&E system complies with all relevant standards and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, International Development, Social Protection, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, including experience in developing and implementing Monitoring plans, managing Survey and Data collection teams, and analyzing and reporting data.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in humanitarian or development settings.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including government agencies, donors, and implementing partners.
- Fluency in English and other languages.
Recipients first. We prioritize recipient preferences over donor preferences or our own.
Team Next. We do what is best for the success of the organization - not the individual.
Be proactively candid. We say what we believe and are honest in sharing information.
Create positive energy. We strive to be a source of energy - not drain it - for our colleagues.
Think rigorously. Act Quickly. We are intellectually rigorous and oriented towards action - not debate.
Know yourself and grow. We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth
Accept reality. Propose solutions. We don't dwell on problems. We are actively working to create solutions.
Be productively ambitious. We take the risk of pursuing industry-changing successes, not marginal advancements.
About the hiring process
Format: The hiring process follows the same general outline for all open roles:
First interview (30 mins)
Take home skills assignment (~2 hours)
Second interview (1 hour)*
Third interview (1 hour)*
Final interview (1 hour)
Reference checks (30 mins each)
*For some roles, second & third interviews are combined into a panel interview. If there are adjustments or variations on this process, those changes will be communicated during the first interview.
Venue: We conduct interviews over Google Meet with camera on (unless communicated otherwise).
Accessibility: Closed captioning is available during all Google Meet interviews, and interviewers will also post interview questions in the chat box throughout the call. If you need assistance accessing either of these features, please let your interviewer know at the start of your interview!
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**