Program Coordinator: Affordable Housing Technical Assistance
Reports to: Technical Assistance Director
Department: Technical Assistance
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Grounded Solutions Network is a national nonprofit dedicated to shaping communities to be equitable, inclusive, and filled with opportunity for all. Where we live matters. It determines what opportunities we have and how our kids grow up. Everyone should be able to live in a place that offers opportunity: access to jobs, parks, public transit, quality schools and stable homes. Strong and inclusive communities provide the foundation that people and families need to thrive, both in the present and for future generations.
As a national membership organization, we support nonprofit and government practitioners, community resident leaders, advocates, elected officials, and other housing professionals with the tools and knowledge they need for success. We promote the creation and preservation of quality housing that remains affordable for generations. Our work specifically targets creating and expanding housing with lasting affordability, using a racial equity lens.
Grounded Solutions Network is committed to fostering an organizational culture rooted in critical thinking and consciousness about race and class. We seek candidates who are dedicated to achieving racial equity as both a process and outcome. We are committed to building a staff team that is as racially and culturally diverse as the communities that we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position:
We are seeking a well-organized Program Coordinator to provide general project coordination and support to the Technical Assistance team, including research into affordable housing needs and policy solutions. Grounded Solutions' technical assistance program works alongside public agencies and nonprofit organizations to adopt and improve more inclusive housing policies and develop strong, scalable shared-equity homeownership programs. Our goal is to produce and preserve 1 million homes with lasting affordability over the next 10 years in a racially equitable way.
Our current Technical Assistance team has deep subject matter expertise around housing with lasting affordability, community land trusts, public land disposition, community engagement, and the mortgage finance system. We are looking for someone to balance out our team by bringing enthusiasm for project coordination and support as well as a curiosity for how to advance racial justice through housing. This is an excellent role for someone who is looking to grow their project management skills and deepen their expertise in affordable housing policies and programs.
Grounded Solutions is committed to providing professional growth opportunities for all employees. In addition to growing project management skills, this position offers the opportunity to deepen subject matter expertise by joining team members on technical assistance calls and producing the first draft of memos, reports and PowerPoint presentations, honing data analysis skills by producing housing market forecasts, and deepening racial equity analysis and approach to community engagement and place- based technical assistance alongside teammates.
Under general supervision and with support from teammates:
- Support Technical Assistance Projects and Initiatives (70%): Be an integral part of the technical assistance team, helping to move projects forward so that they are positive and impactful experiences for our client and partners.
- Coordinate meetings with clients, partners and cohort members; prepare agendas; take notes; summarize take-aways and recommend next steps
- Support impact measurement efforts in coordination with clients and partners
- Support community engagement—including coordinating compensation to communitymembers
- Process or produce invoices and client reports, tracking progress against contracts andagreements.
- Contribute to business development proposals and activities
- Research Affordable Housing Needs and Policies (30%): Support technical assistance outcomes and impact by providing critical insights into local housing needs, market trends and emerging policies.
- Use census and other data to provide “snapshots” to the technical assistance team about the housing needs in a particular place, especially in relation to households and communities of color
- Monitor and report on select trends in the housing market
- Research and summarize different local housing policies
Qualifications for Entry into this Position
Grounded Solutions believes that our team should reflect, respect, and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the communities that we serve. We strongly encourage people of color, people of all gender identities, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ candidates to apply. Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications below? That is okay; if you are truly excited by this position, we encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that men apply for jobs when they only meet 60% of the qualifications, but women only apply if they meet 100% of them.
- Commitment to racial equity and interest in advancing racial justice through housing
- 3+ years of experience in a role that included coordinating projects
- Basic knowledge of affordable housing programs and policies
- Track record of executing projects with many moving parts and details
- Tech-positive attitude and willingness to learn and adopt multiple technologies to support our work. Familiarity with Zoom, Dropbox, Salesforce, and Microsoft Teams a plus.
Approximately 2-4 trips per year of domestic out-of-state, as needed, to attend conferences, regional convenings, and company meetings.
Remote, flexible location. Grounded Solutions Network has two primary office locations in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC, with additional staff working from home or co-working spaces throughout the contiguous 48 states. Candidates must have direct local access to a major airport. All staff are expected to demonstrate the ability to work remotely while maintaining high levels of efficiency and productivity and communicating effectively with their direct supervisor and colleagues.
Starting Salary Range
$50k-65k annually, commensurate with experience.
GSN’s mandatory vaccine guidelines require all employees to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022, or their start date, whichever is later. At this time, GSN defines “fully vaccinated” to mean that two weeks have passed since a second dose of the 2-dose series for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. A current employee or applicant (i) who has a disability or qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, (ii) whose sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice conflicts with the vaccination requirement, or (iii) who qualifies for an exemption under applicable state or local law may request an exemption from this vaccination policy.
Join our team and build your career with us! We offer:
- Supportive, stimulating, and collaborative environment with passionate colleagues dedicated to building community and equity.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, matching 401k, andpaid time off.**How to Apply:**Please submit, as 1 document (PDF or word), a cover letter highlighting qualifications, skills, interest in the position, along with you current resume. -Apply Here - PCAF- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The anticipated start date for this position is by July 5, 2022.